12.02.2008

Trust

There's something about trust. Some nagging feeling I get when I think about it. The imperfect words I've found only really convey the idea that love and trust are related, but more than that. They aren't the same thing, but they're so connected. It's like they're the same shape or something.

I think I've figured out that one can't really trust someone who has betrayed until the betrayer is forgiven. I mean truly forgiven. And, one cannot love a person they don't trust. I mean truly love.

So, the important question to ask in a relationship isn't "do you love me? why?" it's "do you trust me? why?"

Just as you cannot make someone love you, you cannot make them trust you. You can, however, be trustworthy and be lovable. After that you have done all you can. You have done more than most. You have tried.

If you have betrayed someone's trust and you want it back, then you should do I know not what. I am waiting for that answer. What I do know is that it is not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment