12.08.2008

Christmas already

Mom and Dad's Christmas is less than 2 weeks away. That means that I have 12 days to think of a presentation for the family.

Last Christmas we started a tradition. Each family within the super family has to perform something for everyone else. This can be sketch comedy, singing, or what have you. Then, we vote on whose was the best and that family takes home a traveling trophy.

Last year Rebecca and I re-enacted our engagement. It was complete with a dime-and-ring. haha. We didn't get last place, so that was good. But this year my family is smaller. It's really tough to sit around all of them. My brothers all have wives and, except for John Mark, play with their children. But I have a plan to turn the focus away from the empty seat next to me.

I would launch into it, but Ashley might be reading.

Oh, funny story: I was talking to a girl I went to high school with and mentioned the my brother married a girl from Charleston. She asked what her name was and I replied, "Ashley." She said, "Oh, Ashley who?" I, not really thinking, said, "Ashley Murphy."

1 comment:

Ashley said...

A plan, huh? You're right, I am reading. I'll wait with baited breath for this plan.

Post a Comment