12.14.2008

Climbing




I really enjoy climbing. I'm pretty sure that I'm not very good at it. However, I'd like to be. A friend put it the right way when she was comparing a mountain to the Grand Canyon. She said that you see a mountain and you struggle up the side until you reach the top. Then you get a brilliant view, the high of low oxygen, and it's all downhill from there. With the Grand Canyon, on the other hand, you start with a great view, take a leisurely stroll downhill, find out that there's nothing to see at the bottom of a hole, and then have to walk all the way back up. I pick mountains every time. (Above Left: Me climbing Lion's Head Mountain. Above Right: The view of Lion's Head Mountain from Table Mountain with Robben Island in the background.)

No comments:

Post a Comment