12.06.2008

ch-ch-ch-changes

One of my friends said to me, "Didn't South Africa change you at all?" I said that it did, but I couldn't really elaborate on how. At that point I had been back for less than 2 days. Now that it has been about 2 weeks I'm recognizing things that are different about me. Here are some of them in no particular order and without any value judgment whatsoever.

I am far less likely to say, "I don't care."

I am impatient with those who hesitate.

I am much more at ease with waiting.

I am frustrated by owning more clothes than what can fit on my back.

I am in no hurry to get to the next level of my life.

I am fairly okay with silence.

I am more aware of God.

I am unable to sleep for 8 hours or longer.

I am much more inclined to cook.

I am less cynical.

I am more likely to see alternatives.

These are just things I've noticed about myself. In general, I'd say that I'm calmer. Maybe I don't seem calmer, but I feel it.

About six months ago, I was desperately pleading with God to fast forward my life by six months. I was miserable and it felt like there was not a way out. I knew that time would make things better and I was impatient for that. Now that I'm here, I'm glad. God delivered me from my pain. Now, I am excited to see what God has in store for my next six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment