12.23.2008

These Kids




These kids make me happy. Jeremiah, Philip, Sophia, Rhemee, Judah, Aesa, and, Grace. I love them all. Jeremiah is about to start high school and Sophia was only born on October 3rd. I look forward to many many years of watching them grow. I am only a little sad when I think about the sorrows that they have yet to discover. As an aside I will relate two stories about the most rambunctious kids.

Philip: Do you know where Gabriela is?
Me: You mean your mom?
P: Yeah.
M: You can just call her Your Mom.
P: Well, I thought you might think I meant your mom if I said that... oh. Never mind.
M: I don't know where she is. Ask my mom.
All: *Laughter*

Rhemee: Where's Rebecca?
Me: You mean your mom?
R: No.
M: You mean my friend?
R: Yeah, why isn't she here.
M: I don't know. She's really busy.
R: What is she doing?
M: I'm not sure. I haven't talked to her in a while.
R: Why not?
Gabriela: Rhemee, you can't color on the floor. Someone might step on you.

My family is worried that these kids are going to bring up bad memories or something. But I feel sorry for the kids. They lost friends and they don't know how or why. I'm sure that they'll figure it out as they grow up, but they're just looking for nice people to shower them with love and attention. I happened to bring home those kinds of girls. That they left me had nothing to do with their lives, but they felt it. Whether it was Philip asking, "Where's Wachel?" or Jeremiah asking me if Rebecca and I were still getting married but just later, they are looking for answers to questions that make sense to ask. But the other adults can't handle it. I'm not incapable of having these conversations with these kids. They deserve an answer that they can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment