1.20.2009

Tonight in the Control Room

So, I walk into the control room after Twi and had this conversation with Rusty, the Mid Control Room Operator:

Me: 'Sup
Rusty: Hey, read this. *hands me a hand-written note*
*note reads: 55 is missing a wheel. 19 cannot be shut off or it will not start up again*
*beat*
*I walk to the radio*
M: Hey, Wyman...
Wyman: 'Sup?
M: Don't turn off your switcher. It seems that it will never ever start up again if you do.
W: Okay..
M: *to Rusty* Anything else?
R: Did you see this about 55?
M: Yeah, I didn't really notice anything wrong with it when I drove it all night.
R: *beat*
M: Which one was it?
R: Uh, driver side front.
M: Yeah, I never use that side of the switcher.

I guess they expected some sort of reaction to the fact that 55 lost a wheel on Day Sort. Before Twi, they were all waiting for me to say or do something. I don't really understand it. I don't drive 55. I don't like 55. It doesn't matter to me if it works or not because we have three other switchers and the weather doesn't require four. I feel like they wanted me to be outraged or to say something hysterical. It turns out that it was due to a wheel bearing failure. These things happen, I suppose. I'm more interested in how many there are to go up, who's running the board, and whether or not there are moves to make in the outbound. Is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment