1.12.2009

Half Thoughts

I have a lot of almost posts. Ideas that are nearly worth writing about include:

  • Being socially pressured to enter a relationship.

  • Mom and Dad perhaps beginning to give up on life.

  • The enormous hassle of syncing music and movies between 2 computers and an iPod.

  • That damn mouse that I hear in the ceiling tiles.

  • Work and the particular conundrum that Twi/Mid presents.

  • The Hillarious/Mosey On/Ally Cat/Kate/Cubbie/Grizzly Bear love heptagon.

  • That feeling of leaving something undone that I have everyday.

  • The looming nights that risk repeat pipe failure.

  • Hey, where is my winter coat?

  • The way that attending a funeral for a woman who passed away from breast cancer freaks me out to no end.


It isn't that these ideas are unworthy in and of themselves. Rather, I just don't have the ideas fully sorted in my mind to put words to them. Perhaps I will find the words while I'm switching this week, but I've got nothing worth nothing right now.

Instead I will post some lyrics because that's easy.

(All Paramore)

For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic
I'm not so naive
My sorry eyes can see
The way you fight shy
Of almost everything
Well, if you give up
You'll get what you deserve

So what'd you think I would say?
No you can't run away, no you can't run away
So what did you think I would say?
No you can't run away, no you can't run away
You wouldn't

I never wanted to say this
You never wanted to stay
I put my faith in you, so much faith
And then you just threw it away
You threw it away

You were finished long before
We had even seen the start
Why don't you stand up, be a man about it?
Fight with your bare hands about it now
Fences
Yeah, yeah well you're just a mess
You do all this big talkin
So now let's see you walk it.
I said let's see you walk it.
crushcrushcrush
They taped over your mouth
Scribbled out the truth with their lies
You little spies
Born for This
Everybody sing like it’s the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?
Everybody live like it’s the last day you will ever see
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?
Miracle!
I don't want to run from anything uncomfortable
I just want, no
I just need this pain to end right here
Pressure
Some things I'll never know
And I had to let them go
We Are Broken
And I'll take the truth at any cost

No comments:

Post a Comment