1.23.2009

*****

So, I've been listening to my 5 star playlist. It interests me because these are songs that various versions of myself have said that I like. This stuff goes all over the place. Examples:

Sleeping In - The Postal Service
Lowlife - They Shoot Horses Don't They
House Of Usher - Geggy Tah
Late - Ben Folds
Gotta Work - Amerie
Chaos - Mute Math
Son's Gonna Rise - Citizen Cope
The Hand That Feeds - NIN
Feelings - Offspring
Simple Man - Shinedown
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
Hem Of Your Garment - Cake
My Band - D12
Mammal Vs Reptiles - Caribou
River Red - Okkervil River
Fortress - Pinback
Red Bus Needs To Leave - DJ Shadow
With A Little Help From My Friends - The Beatles
Attractive Today - Motion City Soundtrack
Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

Those are the first 20 on shuffled 5 Star. What does it mean? I don't think it means anything. However, I remember what was going on in my life when I made each of those songs part of my "favorites."

I'll tag onto this post something I read somewhere:
Do you miss the birds? Do you miss the warmth? Do you miss the words we used to speak? We can leave the light on till the sun comes up if you want, we can leave the music on if it helps you fall asleep-
Secret freckles were no secret anymore. But I'm sure there are sunflowers growing from gutters somewhere. It's heart over logic, & that's all this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment