1.07.2009

Safety First



I'm glad that no part of my new year's resolutions were about cutting swearing out of my life. Above you can see a triptych of the layers of clothing that my injury tonight pierced. First is the Carharts, then Dickies work pants, followed my my long underwear. Yes, that is blood on the Dickies and long underwear.

I would include a picture of the wound itself, but this is a family blog. For the same reason I will not be posting the list of terrible terrible things that I said in the moments that followed. However, below is a picture of the dressed wound with a sub-wound closer to my knee. (That is part of the same incident) Also, I can tell you one word that did not escape my lips with regard to this horrible horrible event: poopy.



Tomorrow I'll see if it shows any sign of getting better. It might actually require professional care. Jimmy agrees.

[update] After a night of not being able to sleep in any position that was comfortable, the aching of the wound has subsided. My leg is still rather stiff, but I should be able to work in my (nearly) fullest capacity. This wound is not pretty though. [/update]

No comments:

Post a Comment