5.08.2009

Rachel Leddy

Wow, I haven't seen that girl in... I know not how long. But I saw her today while I was driving home from AutoZone. Lincoln and Green, the site of many moments of my life. At 10:23 no less.

She's not someone I think about everyday, but when I do, I have a plethora of memories to choose from.

I've never had a partner for any board game that was as good as she was.

I'm glad I knew her, but I still regret the ways I treated her and that I ruined that friendship. I hope she's doing well and still sings.

In retrospect, she had the best handwriting of anyone I've known.

If you ever meet Rachel Leddy, consider yourself lucky... I do.

4 comments:

iloveagoodriot said...

I've been having a lot of moments in life recently where I'll see someone that I don't want to see in public. Or someone I don't expect to see. It's a weird feeling.

samurphy said...

It's like a celebrity sighting or something. They say things like these come in threes, so....

iloveagoodriot said...

Yeah, good point. A few weeks ago, there was this boy I used to see. We had a brief affair for about two weeks & I got tired of him. But, I was at the mall on a weekday around noon & he lives in another state, but the escalators were turned off and I was going up while he was going down. I was so embarassed, I couldn't even look at him. :/

samurphy said...

http://songza.com/~l699yx

^^ came to mind, but it's actually about two people who fall in love as they pass each other on an escalator... there's a longer version, but I couldn't find it.

Post a Comment