5.13.2009

Maybe it's that time of year

I've always said that if I had my degree I'd still be doing what I'm doing. However, I don't really think that's true anymore. I'm in Champaign because I don't have my degree. That's the only reason.

By this time next year I will have plans to be somewhere else. Perhaps it will be back to South Africa to polish off a Master's Degree. Perhaps it will be the West Coast, for good.

The more I look at Illinois, the less I see for myself in the long run. True, I have many friends here. True, I will miss them. True, I'm terrified to leave, especially alone.

It's been a year since my engagement failed. What a year it has been. On that day, a year ago, I realized that I wasn't going to Oregon. And in the year since, I've been happiest when I was out West or in South Africa. My eyes are drawn to the ocean, always.

This must come with the caveat that a lot can happen in a year. I've learned this the hard way. Just remember that "[my life is] my disaster friend, not yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment