3.03.2009

Truck got in a fight...

Today I pulled into a parking spot the wrong way. I backed up and corrected Truck. Upon opening the door, it made contact with the vehicle next to Truck. I look and see no damage so I begin to walk away. Turns out there was a man in the driver's seat who began yelling at me. He demanded to know what my problem was and said that we should look at the damage and "find out if I have insurance." Fine.

Man: You need to respect other people's property.
Samurphy: I'm sorry. I didn't see that you were in the car and I didn't see any damage.
M: Well, you drove in here like a bat out of Hell. You need to drive better.
S: Is this a critique of my overall driving, or are we talking about my door contacting your vehicle.
M: No, I'm just saying that you should show some respect.

*We arrive at the other side of his car and he observes 2 scratch marks on his fender that I did not cause.*

M: There, look at what you've done.
S: No, if we're checking to see, then let's check to see if I could have caused that damage.
M: Okay, fine.

*I unlock Truck and open the door. The door swings out to a position that is a good 2-3 inches in front of the damage.*

S: I did not cause that damage.
M: Well, open it while you're in the car. *trailing off* They sit differently with people inside.
S: Okay.

*I sit in Truck and open the door again... contacts at the same point.*

S: It did not touch there.
M: Then where is it.
S: There is no damage. It touched, but caused no damage.
M: You need to respect people's property. You can't just walk away.
S: Okay.

*I then walked away. He got in his car and left.*

I'm pretty sure that I managed to ruin his day by failing to inconvenience him. He more than likely went home and kicked his dog. Or wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment