4.30.2009

Truck, why have you forsaken me?

Here we go again.

Today, I got in Truck, started her up and drove to get fuel. About the time that I get on the main road, I notice that she misses a couple of times... I check the fuel gauge and she's not out, but she's low. The misses get worse and worse. I conclude that, contrary to the gauge, she's running out of fuel. However, she doesn't die until I get to a stop sign. Then I start her back up and she won't stay running. Restart while pumping gas and near WOT yields results but still runs like garbage. Roll into gas station, pushing the last 5 feet, and filled up. (13 gal)

Afterward, I start her and rev up... sounds like a lawnmower. Keep revving, hoping she'll get better... no dice.

Am able to limp home on WOT. Severe bogging followed by not-so-severe bogging all the way home.

Finally throws a code: misfire in cylinder 4. Pending code: Bank too lean.

So, I get that she's not firing on all cylinders. However, it seems to me that this could be plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, an assortment of sensors, or a combination of the above.

Plugs replaced about a year ago and pump and strainer replaced in 04. The rest... I don't know.

My question, where to I start looking and what am I looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment