2.16.2009

The Most Romantic Day

On the 12th I noticed that I was coming down with something or other. There was some sort of chest pain and coughing. On the 13th I slept for 12 hours minus however long it takes to eat 3 bowls of cereal. Work that night was miserable as I felt the chest pain much more and I also felt a good deal of muscle soreness. On the 14th I had a full blown fever along with complete weakness of all muscles and severe joint pain. I did muster up the strength to take a shower, but afterward I was exhausted. Allison came over to take care of me. Which means that she brought me water and watched tv while I slept. Or maybe she slept too. It's hard for me to remember. I think that we also went to get steak and shake. By the 15th, my fever was gone and I had enough energy to drive and teach driving. Sunday was a lot of fun. However, by the end of the day I was spent. I didn't go out like I had wanted to.

It wasn't the most romantic day or weekend, but it was very nice. It was calm. Sometimes calm is better than wine-dine-sixty-nine.

I'll try not to be sick next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment